WhatsApp is an instant messaging application that currently exceeds 5 billion users around the world, who daily send texts, photos, videos, audios or gifs. These multimedia files are automatically stored on your cell phone, so today we will teach you a trick to detect which is the chat that occupies the most storage space in the application.
Surely you have ever entered the image gallery on your Android or iOS mobile phone, so, here you have come across photos or videos that you have never downloaded, but, you remember seeing them by WhatsAppThis is because the aforementioned application automatically saves any multimedia file that is sent to you.
LOOK: WhatsApp: what does the third blue check mean and in which cases it will appear
It is important to clarify that text messages are not as heavy as photos, audios or videos, it means that if you have a contact to whom you share one of these last elements from time to time, and another to whom you only write tomorrow, Afternoon and evening, the first conversation will weigh much more than the second.
HOW TO KNOW WHAT IS THE HEAVEST CHAT ON WHATSAPP
- First, make sure WhatsApp do not have pending updates in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Now, open the application and enter the ‘Settings’, you do it by tapping on the icon of the three vertical dots located in the upper right.
- Here go to ‘Storage and data’> ‘Manage storage’.
- At the top you can see how much storage space your entire account occupies WhatsApp.
- By scrolling down the space bar, the chats where you have sent or received multimedia files will appear.
- The first on the list is the chat that takes up the most space, even on the right you get the total weight in Kilobytes (KB), Megabytes (MB) or Gigabytes (GB).
How to delete all photos, audio videos and gifs from a chat
- In section ‘Manage storage’ go to the section where all the chats are located.
- Press on the one you want to delete all multimedia files.
- To perform a massive deletion, tap on the ‘Select all’ option and then click on the trash can icon, it is located in the upper right.
- Finally, close and reopen WhatsApp, enter the chat where you deleted everything and the images will now be displayed out of focus, it means that to see them again you will have to download them.
Do you have a problem with WhatsApp? Do you need to report it? If you have any kind of problem, then you should write to their contact email: [email protected] or [email protected] You can also make the same request from your iPhone through the exclusive service for iOS.