The President of the National Confederation of Mexican Transporters (CONATRAM), José Luis López Hernández, 50 migrants and two drivers were reported kidnapped According to various Mexican media, the passengers were traveling on a bus heading north of the country.
Officials from San Luis Potosí released a statement in which they promised Cooperating with the Nuevo León Prosecutor’s Office to investigate the discovery of a busBut they did not give details or mention the missing or abducted.
Hernandez told the press Universal It left Tapachula, Chiapas on Monday for the state of Nuevo Leon and went missing during its journey.
After the report given by the transport agency to the National Guard, he pointed out. I was able to find the bus at the border of San Luis Potosí and Nuevo LeónBut there was no sign of the passengers.
Lopez said he then received a call demanding a ransom of $1,500 per person.
Authorities are investigating the discovery of the bus
The San Luis Potos State Attorney General’s Office released a statement Tuesday night saying they were cooperating with the state of Nuevo León “in relation to the discovery of the recovered passenger truck.”
“During this day, Tuesday, May 16, Monterey officials informed their colleagues in San Luis Potosí that one such unit had been found, which appeared to be transporting migrants,” the statement said.
However, state officials have not said anything about the kidnapping or the whereabouts of the passengers.
Last April, 51 migrants were reported to have been abducted while roaming through Matehuala. After an operation, authorities freed 105 people, 96 of whom were from other countries.
They rescue 209 migrants in abandoned trailer in Mexico: Screams and wails warn