MLB Gold Glove winners for the 2023 season

This Sunday MLB announced the winners of the Gold Glove Award for the 2023 season, honoring six Latino players as the best defenders in the big leagues.

As many as 13 players have won the award for the first time in this edition, the second most since the award’s inception in 1957. When the division was launched in 2022, only 14 people had broken the record. applications.

Also, according to Elias Sports Bureau, this is the third time (2020, 2022 and 2023) that multiple rookies have won the award. One winner in each league this season.

The Spanish-language MLB portal revealed that the winners will be selected by voting by the 30 managers of the big tent and up to 6 coaches from each team will cast their votes. These votes count for 75% of the selection, with the SABR Defense Index rating accounting for the other 25%.

Pitcher: Jose Berrios

catcher: Jonah Heim

First base:Nathaniel Lowe

Second base: Andrés Giménez

Third base: Matt Chapman

Short field:Anthony Wolfe

Left gardener: Steven Kwan

Center fielder:Kevin Kiermaier

Perfect fielder: Adolis Garcia

application: Mauricio Dupont

Pitcher: Zack Wheeler

catcher: Gabriel Moreno

First base: Christian Walker

Second base: Nico Horner

Third base: Ke’Bryan Hayes

Short field: Dansby Swanson

Left gardener: Ian Hopp

Center fielder: Brendan Doyle

See also  Should Barcelona have avoided celebrating? They target them for failing to agree

Perfect fielder: Fernando Tadis Jr.

application: Ha-Seong Kim

Wilmot Chandler

"Explorer. Web specialist. Beer practitioner. Alcoholaholic. Social media geek. Introvert. Food lover. Future teen idol."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top