Netflix’s two-part documentary series, “Harry & Meghan” brought to light Secrets of the Dukes of Sussex, Such are the events that led the former American actress to lose her relationship with her father Thomas.
Markle admitted that her husband warned her when they started dating that her life would change completely the moment their relationship went public. But she would never have imagined that this would mean a drastic distance from her father.
After her royal wedding, their relationship became strained Prince Harry, When the Duchess learns that her father is negotiating to sell photographs of her performing for the paparazzi.
The actress found out before the story hit the papers, so she thought she’d do everything she could to stop Thomas from damaging her image. But before that, he called him to ask if the pamphlets were true.
In the Netflix documentary series, Meghan revealed that even though her father denies everything, she instinctively doesn’t believe anything he says. But the drama continued as Thomas stopped answering his phone and instead continued making scathing statements to the media.
The former actress has learned through the press that her father has said that he will not attend her wedding, which is just days away at Windsor Castle. Additionally, four days before the big date, the media began reporting that Thomas had suffered heart attack
That’s when she started texting him and calling him, but she wasn’t there either Harry They got some response from him. When she finally answered them, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex realized someone else had answered her phone because the message was written in a way her father was not used to.
Meghan’s father has not responded to reports and did not attend his daughter’s wedding to Prince Harry in May 2018. The actress’ mother accompanied her to the event, and now King Charles III accompanied her on her way to the altar.
In this regard, the prince revealed that he blames himself for the “incredibly sad” events, because he said that he was responsible for the separation between Meghan and her father: “What happened is incredibly sad. Before that, Meg had a father, and now she doesn’t. I felt responsible because if Meg wasn’t with me, her dad would still be her dad.”
Thomas Markle, 78, was shocked when his daughter told him via website that her father would not be attending her wedding in the third episode of “Harry & Meghan.” TMZ.
Meghan’s father has denied his daughter’s claims that he used his phone to text Prince Harry days before the wedding.
On the show, the Duchess said she called her father repeatedly and left him several messages, including one that read: “I’ve been contacting you all weekend but you haven’t answered our calls or answered our calls. . . . no text messages… do you need help?… where are you? Are you in the hospital?
Another, sent on May 17, 2018: “Please, can I ask you to stop talking to the press… you have not returned any of our 20+ calls. We’re not mad, but we need to talk to you. Love M and H”.
Dramatic music plays in the documentary to Thomas’ text response: “I didn’t do anything to hurt you, Megan. I didn’t know anything about the 20 phone calls. I’m sorry if my heart attack inconvenienced you.”
Part of the reason the former actress questioned the authenticity of the news was when Thomas used her full name, rather than ‘Meg’, which her family usually used, but her father insisted she write because Meghan thought it was serious. matter.
“My dad used a lot of emojis and a lot of ellipses, which is quite the opposite. And he called me Megan. I said, ‘He has never called me Megan any day that I have lived on this earth.‘. Meg, all my friends call me Meg and my parents call me Meg, and I’m like, ‘That’s not my dad. We found out her phone had been compromised,” the Duchess says on the show.
The former Hollywood lighting director said he wrote “every word” of the emotional message while he was in hospital.
“I wrote every word I sent from that phone and it’s still in my possession. It is not true that she says my phone is compromised. “I wrote that speech while lying in a hospital bed after having two heart attacks and having a stent,” Thomas Markle explained to the newspaper. Daily Mail.
Markle, who is still recovering from a stroke that almost killed her in May, explained: “I’ve used Meghan’s full name before when things got serious. It’s not true to say I’ve never used her full name. I use it when I’m serious, when I’m having serious issues.”
“I wasn’t angry. I was in the hospital. Not once did they ask me how I was. I was upset when I got your messages. I thought I didn’t deserve those messages,” she explained.
She also shared text messages showing him telling her that doctors had advised him not to travel to England, but he offered to go anyway.
In a text written on May 16, 2018, three days before the wedding, Markle wrote: “The surgery went well. A heart attack took some toll. The doctor won’t let me fly, so of course I’m sorry.” In another text several hours later, he added: “Who’s going to send you if you really need me? I’ll be there. I’m sorry for all this.”
Then-Prince Charles walked the Duchess down the aisle after walking alone into St George’s Chapel in Windsor.
“She still has her father. I’m here, I still live in the same house, I still have the same number. I am still his father. I want to see my grandchildren. I think it’s a family matter for the family to deal with. I love my daughter and always will.”
Thomas publicly apologized several times for staging paparazzi photos before the wedding: “I made a terrible mistake, for which I have apologized many times. I believed the photographer who told me that these photos would cause me some pressure from the press.”
“Harry and Meghan are now doing everything they were told not to. They told me not to speak at all. I think what they do now is worse than what I did before.”, judged Thomas Markle.