(CNN Espasol) – President Alberto Fernandez announced the new Control measures “Intense and temporary”.
What does this new isolation mean in Argentina?
– It will start this Saturday and last until May 30th.
– Direct economic, educational, social, sports and religious activities are suspended.
– It can only be delivered from 6am to 6pm at locations near the residential address.
– Essential stores such as supermarkets were operated. Non-essential businesses can only operate in mode Take away Or with home delivery.
– Essential workers are exempt from these restrictions. According to the government, the committee is made up of health professionals, security personnel, government officials and community kitchens.
– These measures will be in effect on the weekends of June 5th and 6th.
Fernandez announced the rules after recognizing that Argentina was “at the worst moment of the epidemic”, despite the country adopting restrictions such as a ban on night driving.
Official reports Ministry of Health This indicates that the country has recorded a new maximum daily number of cases in the last week. Fernandez showed a map that causes a 6% increase in infections. The President also spoke about the fatigue of health workers, considering the high occupancy rates of critical care beds found in parts of the country with epidemic alert.
The President promised to deepen the vaccination process. According to official statistics, almost 20% of the Argentine population received at least one dose. This percentage is reduced to 5% in the group of those who complete the vaccination schedule.