Here’s one of my favorites...a real “thinker” quiz accredited to “the philosophy of Charles Schultz” and perfect for a new year.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman Trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. We’d all agree these are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Okay, here’s another quiz. Take a few minutes and see how you do with this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people who you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
As you strive to meet your goals this year, resolve to show appreciation to those who make a difference in your life....and determine how you can make a difference in the lives of others.