London (CNN) – Joe Biden and he and his wife will be noticed in styleJill de Billy“Meet Queen Elizabeth II at Windsor Castle this Sunday.
To welcome the 46th President, Queen Elizabeth, as announced by Buckingham Palace, will conduct an honorary guard with grenadier guards in the castle’s famous courtyard. One of the longest serving units in the British Army, the guards salute and the national anthem of the United States is played.
The Queen has hosted four other presidents in Windsor: Trump in 2018; Obama in 2016; George W. Bush in 2008; And Reagan in 1982.
The President will inspect the troops before meeting with the Queen and the First Lady to watch the military parade. Afterwards, the group will go to the castle for tea. During our conversation with Prince Edward, Biden talked about the opportunity to reunite with his mother and how others reacted to spending time with him.
“When you meet someone who has that level of experience and personal knowledge, it’s sometimes fun, and it can be a little overwhelming for some,” the 57-year-old responded. I think most people can walk away if they want to be there for a while longer. This is usually the answer: I just want to have a little more time because it was attractive.
Before the big reunion this weekend, the Royals have some sort of Sympathy campaign In G7 Cornish. The Queen, Prince Charles and Camila, William and Catherine will attend the summit for the reception at the world-famous Eden Project, an amazing collection of biomes, one of which is home to the largest covered rainforest on earth.
Kate met the first lady on Friday. The Duchess has long been a champion in early childhood education. Both participated A circular table In this case and visited a school in Cornwall.
Rules to be followed by Biden when meeting the Queen
Meeting with the Queen can be intimidating … even if you are a world leader. The queen has met Almost all presidents From the United States during his long reign.
Biden will no doubt want to make a good impression on his first foreign trip, and he will want to follow the traditions established for his meeting with the 95-year-old king. This is a quick fix of the state rules for competition.
What you need to do
- According to the family website, there is no mandatory code of conduct to greet royalties. However, he acknowledges that some may choose to follow “traditional ways.”
- This means that the queen did not expect the people to worship her, however many did. For men, it can be chosen as the soft bow of the head and for women as a small bow. You can also add a handshake (if she gives it to you first), but, anyway, the secret is not to overdo it.
- Tradition dictates that when meeting the queen, she must speak first. In response, the correct way is to address her first as “Your Majesty” before changing to “Madame”. If you are wondering, there is an accent option: it should be “mam” to rhyme with “jam” in English. No matter what you do, do not use his first name.
- Although state regulations have been relaxed in recent years, one important note is to follow the Queen’s path. If she walks, you follow her; If he sits, so do you; If it is dinner, wait for it to start before eating. We all remember the mistakes we made When Donald Trump blocked the path of the Queen He was ahead of him when Windsor arrived.
Things you should avoid
- Do not delay. According to Debrett, a leading official on British etiquette, ‘It is proper and ethical for everyone to come before the royal family, and no guest should leave an event in front of a person belonging to the royal family, except in special circumstances, prior permission must be obtained. ‘If you want to sneak in, don’t forget to ask permission from a private secretary first.
- This may seem obvious, but do not touch without the Queen’s permission. She is the one who initiates any relationship… at most it will be a handshake. In 2017, the then Governor-General of Canada, David Johnston, made headlines Place the hand on the queen’s elbow When visiting the House of Canada in London. Johnston later said he was simply “interested” in the slippery carpet and had chosen the conference in advance “to make sure there were no glitches”.
- It is better to avoid a warmth. In 2009 the then First Lady Michael Obama naturally hugged the Queen (what kind of exchange is this). The UK media They made their fortunes with conflicting observations of time. Obama is said to be He recalled going after the fort From Windsor in 2016, in which he was concerned about royal ethics, but the Queen downplayed it, declaring that “this is all nonsense.”
Other things to consider
You can bring a gift, but make sure it is suitable for the occasion. Official gifts enter the Royal Collection, one of the largest private art collections in the world, even if they are given to a specific member of the family.
What should be given to the king who has everything? Well, it’s complicated. Trump made a choice Silver and silk poppy brooch from Tiffany & Co. Personalized White House wooden jewelry box in red leather case when returning to the UK for a state visit in 2019. His predecessor took a different direction Obama gave the Queen an iPod Already loaded with Broadway songs and videos from his 2007 tour of the United States.
Are you confused? Okay, so the only rule to stick to is this: When in doubt, don’t do it. The last thing you want is to fall into the trap of trying to follow the subtle and often unspoken rules of royalty. After all, America is not the kingdom or territory of the Queen. It is polite to follow the protocol, but it is not the law. He is not going to prevent the president from returning if he slips. In the end, Biden is what he does or does not do… even though we are all watching.