The LA County official was seen eating out after voting to ban outdoor dining

Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuhel dined outside at her favorite restaurant – confirming the ban on outdoor dining shortly after voting.

Last week, in the midst of a corona virus outbreak in Southern California, Los Angeles County board supervisors voted to vote Prohibition of outdoor dining According to NBC Los Angeles, if certain case numbers and hospital admission metrics are met.

Just before Thanksgiving the Los Angeles County case surpassed the number, and The ban came into effect Wednesday night, a day after the board voted 3-2 to confirm the ban.

Before voting to confirm the ban, Kuhel Said it was “a little magical thinking” Believing that any server or bus person at any restaurant can always maintain the six-foot distance recommended by public health officials to protect themselves from the corona virus.

“We sit without masks,” Kuhel said of most outdoor restaurants.

“I think it’s sad, but I support this,” he said when he voted for the outdoor food ban last Tuesday. A few hours later, he saw her eating outside.

Kuhel’s spokeswoman Barbara Osborne confirmed the reports.

Referring to the Isle Forno restaurant in Santa Monica, California, Osborne wrote in an email to NBC News that “Supervisor Kuhel ate al fresco in Illforno on the last day allowed.”

“He loves Il Forno and, like many restaurants, regrets seeing him suffer from a drop in revenue,” Osborne said. “She ate there, took appropriate precautionary measures, and will not dine there again until our public health orders allow it.”

Eden Hayes

"Wannabe gamer. Subtly charming beer buff. General pop culture trailblazer. Incurable thinker. Certified analyst."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top