The 2022 RAICES and Leloir Prizes will be awarded on Thursday

On Thursday the 16th from 6 pm in Halls 1 and 2 of the Cultural Center for Sciences (C3), the 2022 RAICES and Leloir Awards Ceremony will take place. Both awards seek to recognize and highlight contributions made to the national system. Science, technology and innovation and strengthening international cooperation. The event can be followed from The YouTube channel of the Ministry of Science.

This eleventh edition will be led by the Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Daniel Filmos. who will be accompanied by the National Director for the Promotion of Science Policy of the Ministry, Karina Pompeo; and General Coordinator of the RAICES Program, Carolina Mera.

The RAÍCES Awards are intended for Argentine scientists, researchers and technologists who reside abroad and actively collaborate with the promotion of the National System for Science, Technology and Innovation (SNCTI); While the LELOIR Awards are for foreign scientists, researchers and technologists who have worked to enhance the scientific and technological capabilities of our country. This year’s winners can be found on the awards website.

about the selection process
The 2022 Call started with an open process in which the coordinators of networks of Argentine scientists abroad and the higher authorities of the institutions of the National Science, Technology and Innovation System received an invitation to apply. 74 nominations were received, 78% were scientists and 22% were women scientists.

30% of the nominations were for the LELOIR Awards, i.e. foreigners residing in Argentina and abroad, with a notable history of collaboration in SNCTI. And the remaining 70%, which corresponds to scientists from our country residing abroad, went to the candidates for the RAICES Prize.

See also  Advice to create unique spaces offers Crate and Barrel

27% of nominations were raised by network coordinators (Canada, USA, Germany, Israel, Italy, Chile, Switzerland, Sweden, Australia, UK); Meanwhile, the other 73% were submitted by the deans and deans of Argentine universities, CONICET and its Scientific and Technological Centers (CCT), and other SNCTI institutions.

With regard to the countries of residence in which the nominated scholars carry out their work, they are: Germany, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Spain, United States, Finland, France, Israel, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom and South Africa.

Applications were evaluated by peer committees, divided by thematic areas, in which the diversity of representation by discipline, gender and country of residence was taken into account. Each panel issued a merit order which was sent to a general jury made up of the Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Daniel Vilmos; Member of the RWD Coordinators’ schedule, Ángeles Molin – Spain Network Coordinator -; and a member of the RAICES Council of Universities, Dario Kosinski, of the José C. Paz National University.

It should be noted that in the 2022 edition there will be a special mention of Águeda Menvielle, as presenter and promoter of the RAICES program since 2003. She will receive a RAICES Award in recognition of her valuable and extensive contribution to the program from its inception until 2016, as well as a Leloir Award for International Cooperation for her performance as Director National for International Relations in the Ministry of Science between 1998 and 2016.

Myrtle Frost

"Reader. Evil problem solver. Typical analyst. Unapologetic internet ninja."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top