The Ecuadorian Football Federation has released a list of some of the players selected by strategist Gustavo Alfaro.
Eleven players have been named in the Ecuadorian football squad for the South American qualifiers for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar on January 27 and February 1, respectively, against Brazil and Peru.
On Sunday night, the Ecuadorian Football Federation (FEF) released the names on its website, with the players appearing at the airport in Guayaquil and giving an interview to reporters.
Tricolor, ranked third in the pre-Conmepol World Championship rankings, could reach the World Cup ticket on the next double date.
La Verdemerela, who have already qualified for Qatar, are top of the table, battling for a ticket from fifth place just six points below Peru Ecuador (23 vs 17).
The first calls from strategist Gustavo Alfaro Train to the national team (Quito) this Monday:
- Pedro Ortiz (Emelec)
- Moises Ramirez (Independence Valley)
- Xavier Areca (Seattle Saunders, EE. UU.)
- Byron Castillo (Barcelona)
- Romario Guizeto (Emelec)
- Fernando Lyon (Atletico San Luis, Mexico)
- Diego Palacios (Los Angeles FC, USA)
- Alan Franco (Charlotte FC, EEU)
- Sebastian Mendes (Orlando City SC, USA)
- Joao Roses (Emelec)
- Djorkaeff Reasco (League of Quito)
According to the FEF website, the list will be finalized once players complete their duties with their clubs and can join the Tri Concentrations starting January 23rd. (D)