This June 6, 2023, IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) Minister Sean Fraser will announce the visa waiver in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
According to him Place Immigration News CanadaThe announcement was “at 11:30 CST (12:30 EST – Toronto time) during his visit to a special citizenship ceremony.”
According to the information provided, “There is no confirmation yet from IRCC or the Immigration Department as to what the new notification will be.”
“There is a possibility that the Immigration Minister will announce some changes to add a new visa-free country or countries for Canadian citizens or facilitate visa-free travel, but there is no official update to confirm this,” they added. .
“The fact that the immigration minister is planning a meeting with community members at the Manitoba Canadian Filipino Center indicates that there may be good news for the Filipino community, but for now that’s just speculation.”
However, as expected, IRCC Canada will add 13 countries to its list of visa-exempt countries. They are Panama, Antigua and Barbados, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Argentina, Morocco, Seychelles, Thailand, and the Philippines.
Free visa to Canada
The complete list of countries where Canada can travel without a visa is as follows:
- British citizens
- British Citizen (Overseas)
- British Overseas Citizen (readmitted to the UK)
- Citizen of a British overseas territory with citizenship by birth, descent, naturalization or registration in one of the British overseas territories: Anguilla
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
- Bitcoin Islands
- Saint Helena
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Republic of Che
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, you must have a passport issued by the Hong Kong SAR.
- Israel, you must have an Israeli national passport
- Republic of Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- Romania (e-passport holders only)
- San Marino
- Solomon Islands
- Taiwan You must have an ordinary passport issued by the Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs that includes a personal identification number
- United Arab States
- For the Vatican City State, you must have a passport or a Vatican-issued travel document.