Not everyone is fortunate to say that they went to space to cover important missions towards it NASA International Space Station. It must be an experience because the stay and return is invaluable to these people. Given the opportunity, many would love to see its orbit from Earth, but only astronauts are willing to take on responsibilities with the US special agency.
you can see: Are we ready to hit the Earth a dangerous asteroid?
Although each individual performs a specific function in a mission, this does not mean leaving aside what he or she has experienced, but we do not refer to the experience of being in space, but to another sense that indicates an unpleasant smell in space. At least our feelings reject it. We explain more about it below.
Does space have any smell?
This all stems from the fact that astronauts enter NASA’s International Space Station after wandering outside during their duties and that various materials stick to their own suits.
According to Slash Gear, each astronaut notices different smells than when they entered the spaceship and they could be metallic, brake pads, gunpowder, burnt almond cookies and even a Formula 1 racetrack. There is no exact pattern, but only the smells that are most informed. About. However, this has not been fully proven because the smell travels through the air and is not found in space.
you can see: Learn about NASA’s new way to find life on Mars
What are astronaut suits made of?
Astronaut suits are equipped for these space missions and are made up of sub-layers that we refer to below.
- Nomex layer, Teflon and Kevlar: Reflect light and heat, fire resistance, stand out in black space and resist the impact of space debris and micro-meteorology.
- Five layers of nylon for high temperature protection.
- Neoprene casing, the second measure of impact safety.
- Compression-resistant polyester construction.
- Bag with nylon and polyurethane layer helps protect due to less external pressure.
- Elastic fabric arranged with pleats to allow movement.
- Elastane with cold water tubes to cool the suit.
- Nylon and cotton lining, soft to the touch, extends heat loss and absorbs.