JetBlue will cancel 14 flight routes between January and MarchThis is a change that will mainly affect LaGuardia Airport in New York.
A company spokesperson confirmed this information to The Points Guy, according to an article this week, after changes appeared on the company’s Cirium platform, which specializes in aviation analysis.
Most of JetBlue’s network changes will affect the Northeast region. Other airports affected will be John F. Kennedy (JFK), also in New York, and Boston Logan (BOS) in Massachusetts.
The reason for the changes in the flight schedule is due to two factors: The first is the dissolution of the Northeast Alliance with American Airlines.
The 2021 agreement is designed to expand JetBlue’s importance in New York and Boston. Through the agreement, both airlines aimed to better coordinate their flight routes in the Northeast and launch new domestic and international routes, among other measures. As part of the agreement, the airlines exchanged spaces or entry and exit passes at LaGuardia Airport. When the link was terminated, so were the itinerariesJetBlue is required to cede space to American Airlines as part of an antitrust lawsuit filed by the Department of Justice.
The agency reported that the coalition raised prices and reduced flight alternatives For travelers to and from major cities in the northeast of the country.
Aside from the above, JetBlue noted that another issue that led to flight cancellations was the shortage of air traffic control (ATC) personnel.
This situation, which the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has warned about, has been affecting that company and other airlines since at least last spring.
JetBlue routes that will be canceled starting in January:
• Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) – Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
• Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) – Frederick Douglass Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC)
• Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) – Miami International Airport (MIA)
• John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) – Burlington International Airport (BTV)
• John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) – Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – Charleston International Airport (CHS)
• LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – LF Wade International Airport (BDA)
• LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – Nashville International Airport (BNA)
• LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – Charleston International Airport (CHS)
• LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – Denver International Airport (DEN)
• LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – Cape Cod Gateway Airport (HYA)
• LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
• LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – Portland International Airport (PWM)
• LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ)
JetBlue announces flights to Ireland and Scotland from New York City and Boston starting next summer