Do you know how to use Namedrop? It’s that simple, if you have any questions, we’ll tell you now.
iOS 17 brings many new features to iPhone owners. But far from the power it draws in fields as diverse as visual innovation and gaming, There are some hidden functions that are very useful for all usersLike Name Drop on iPhone.
next, We’re going to show you how to use NameDropA function that provides an opportunity to share contacts quickly and easily in a very modern way.
First, what is a name drop?
Do you share a contact with someone? Generally we have seen 3 ways: Telling through voice (of course, physical card) through mobile apps like WhatsApp or QR codes has modernized the whole process.
We stayed a bit with the QR code, which has become relevant in recent years. NameDrop is an alternative to precisely this process, but without paying a single euro. This is an iPhone feature that allows you to exchange your contact by bringing your iPhone closer to someone else.
Practically all you have to do is transfer all your data to someone else’s contacts app. See you have a contact card? All this information will be sharedLike your photo, name and email.
All this thanks to AirdropIt now includes the option to find another one nearby without having to store the phone or be connected to the same network.
How can I use NameDrop?
Almost anyone who has iOS 17 installed (no, you don’t need an iPhone 15). But it is not currently active This will prevent you from sharing contacts with practically anyone. But, it is very easy to use and you only need to implement the function, which we will now show you:
- First, make sure AirDrop is enabled on your iPhone. To do this, go to “Settings”, go to “General” and select “Airdrop”. In this menu, check that the “Bring devices closer” option is active.
- Zoom in on the tops of both iPhones with this set. Options appear on your screens: “Share”, which allows you to exchange contacts with each other, or the option to receive the other iPhone’s contact without sharing yours.
But also You can use it from the Contacts app This is how Apple explains it on its website dedicated to Name Drop:
- You can use the People app to share your or someone else’s contact information with someone using Messages, Mail, or other options.
- Open the Contacts app.
- Select the contact you want to share.
- Tap Share Contact, select the fields you want to add, and tap Done.
- Select a method to share the contact and tap Send.
Name drop This is one of the functions in iOS 17 that may be hidden by some othersBut it should be noted that it can be very useful, especially if you have many clients or colleagues who need your phone number.