Don’t other users want to know if you use Instagram? We show you all the options for managing your privacy.
Today, social media is the most popular way to communicate around the world. Thanks to them, you can easily communicate with people from anywhere, except follow-up updates, watch photos and videos in real time, and broadcast live. Also, in this sense, If a company stands alone in this regard, it’s Meta, the current owner of Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger apps..
In particular, the social networking site Instagram bears little resemblance to its launch. Thanks for its instant message known as Live, Can maintain conversations with any user, Which makes things so much easier. This allows for interesting features like voice notes, pictures and videos (chat intermediate or standard), and even calls and video calls you will never lose touch with friends and family.
However, The most important aspect you should notice as Instagram users is privacy.. Some of the information you send to the social network is public. In fact, it can be dangerous for others to see when you are active. However, you do not have to worry as it is very easy to disable this Instagram feature.
So if you are connected on Instagram you can gradually hide
As we mentioned, naturally Instagram is the last link of users and shows who is online, Placing the green dot below the profile picture. However, it can be Hide the last link on WhatsApp As our colleagues at Andro4all show, you can disable this function on Instagram if you wish. For this, You need to follow these steps:
- Enter your phone into the Instagram app.
- At the bottom, click your profile icon in the bar that will appear further to the right.
- Now, click on the three-line icon that appears at the top right of the screen to access all Instagram options.
- In the new menu that appears below, select Setting up.
- Now, in the list of categories, select Privacy.
- Once inside, titled Contacts, Scroll down until you select Function level.
- Disable option Show operational status Hide when you are online on Instagram.
If you uncheck the option on your iPhone or Android mobile, The rest of the Instagram users can no longer see if you have the app open. It does not show when you last logged in or was online on Instagram, so your privacy is a little more secure when you use Meta’s social network.
Problems with the account? Control what you see when you are online
If you do the above on Instagram, your last link to every user of the social network will disappear. But despite that, If you only want to hide it for one or more specific accounts, all you can do is control them. It does the following:
- If a blocked user sends you a new message, it will come first in your Instagram direct requests.
- When they comment on your photos, videos or reels, only you and that person can see the comments and the responses that follow. In the rest of Instagram, it will not be displayed.
- You will not be able to see when you are connected or your last link.
- Blocked accounts can not be viewed if you read the messages they send.
- Instagram does not report when you control your accounts, and apps usually do not detect it.
If you are interested Controls one or more accounts On Instagram, in addition to the conditions already mentioned, they will not be able to see if you are online or if you read the messages they send you. You need to follow these steps:
- On Instagram, use the search option to find and access the profile of the account you want to control.
- Once inside, click the three-dot button that appears at the top right of the screen.
- In the Options menu that appears, select To control, The first option to appear in red.
- Once it is blocked, a confirmation message will be displayed. After that, the above mentioned conditions will apply to the account.
Keeping an account private will also help you
Another interesting Instagram option to maintain privacy as a user is to create a personal account. In this way, as Only people you choose to accept as friends can chat with you on your profile, stories, photos, They can only see if you are online or not.
Chances of appearing within Instagram recommendations are low, which will reduce your visibility. If you are interested, To personalize your Instagram account from iPhone or Android, you need to follow these steps:
- On your mobile, open the Instagram app.
- At the bottom, click on your profile icon in the bar that appears to the right.
- Now, click on the three line icon that appears at the top right of the screen.
- In the menu that appears below, select Setting up.
- Now, in the list of categories, select Privacy.
- Finally, above, select the option Personal account.
This way, you may have checked, Promoting privacy on the Instagram social network is very easy, Can somehow control who can see if you are online. This way, you can be somewhat safer inside.
Related topics: Exercises
Subscribe to Disney + for 99 8.99!
Amazon Audible Free for 3 Months! Access 90,000 original audiobooks and podcasts