The Times Higher Education Institute published its world ranking of universities for 2023 on Wednesday, in which higher education institutions in Ecuador are outside the top 1,000.
Data from 1,799 universities located in 104 countries were taken into account for this list, one of the largest university rankings to date.
In total, 13 indicators were taken into account that measure the performance of institutions in areas such as teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
“This year’s rankings analyzed more than 121 million citations in more than 15.5 million research publications and included survey responses from 40,000 academics worldwide. Overall, we collected more than 680,000 data points from more than 2,500 institutions that submitted data.
The country with the most institutions in the ranking was the United States with 177 universities, 58 of which were in the top 200. Mainland China also stands out in the list with 11 universities in the top 200.
Top Ten Universities in the World for 2023:
- University of Oxford (UK)
- Harvard University (USA)
- University of Cambridge (UK)
- Stanford University (USA)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
- California Institute of Technology (USA)
- Princeton University (USA)
- University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- Yale University (USA)
- Imperial College London (UK)
In South America, the University of São Paulo is the best-placed institution, ranking 201-250, followed by the University of Campinas (Brazil) and the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, ranking 401-500.
Universities in Ecuador that appear in the list are:
- 1001-1200: University of San Francisco de Quito
- 1201-1500: Littoral High Polytechnic School (Esbol)
- 1501+: National Polytechnic School
- 1501+: University of the Armed Forces (ESPE)
- 1501+: Salesian Polytechnic University (UPS)
- 1501+: Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador (PUCE)
- 1501+: Technical University of Loja
Six universities were not ranked because they provided data but did not meet the eligibility criteria and agreed to appear with informed status in the final table. Catholic University of Cuenca, Technical University of Israel, University of America (UTLA), National University of Chimporazo, University of the Pacific and UTE University. (yo)