Surprisingly, Apple has released a revision of iOS 17.1 RC, which fixes critical bugs and is expected to be compatible with the final version coming in the next few hours.
We are just hours away from Apple officially launching iOS 17.1 and the company has released A review of the latest beta of the system By sheer surprise. Earlier last week, Apple released iOS 17.1 RC, which will roll out to all users, although shortly after we learned that the update still hasn’t fixed a strange issue with the iPhone 15.
Perhaps that’s why Apple introduced it iOS 17.1 RC is the second update as it is a limited version for the new iPhone 15. This will finally be the version that reaches all users from iOS onwards 17.1 will be officially released before October 24th.
What’s new in iOS 17.1 RC
You should proceed to install this update iPhone Settings > General > Software Update Download this new version. In a few hours, it will be officially rolled out to all users with many new features and many bug fixes. According to Apple’s notes these are the main new features of iOS 17.1:
- Content will continue to transfer over the Internet when you’re out of AirDrop range
- New options to control when the screen turns off (iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max)
- Favorites expanded to include songs, albums, and playlists, and you can filter to show your favorites in the library
- The new cover collection offers color-changing designs that reflect the music on your playlist
- Song suggestions appear below each playlist, making it easy to add music that matches the mood of your playlist
This update includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Option to select specific album to use with photo shuffle on lock screen
- Home key holder for mater locks
- Improved reliability of syncing Airtime settings between devices
- Fixes an issue where meaningful location privacy settings could be reset when switching or pairing an Apple Watch for the first time
- Fixes an issue where incoming call names would not appear when you are on another call
- Fixes an issue where custom and purchased ringtones did not appear as options for your text tone
- Fixes an issue where the keyboard could become less responsive
- Crash detection updates (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models)
- Fixes an issue where the screen image could persist