- WiDS Women in Data Science will be held in Lima 2023 next March 9 with the participation of women who are well-known in this field both nationally and internationally.
- The event is organized by Stanford University in over 150 locations and is coming to Peru thanks to BREIT, for the fourth year in a row.
Within the framework of International Women’s Day and with the aim of highlighting their role and work in the field of data science, BREIT will organize the Instituto de Tecnología Avanzada, hosted in Aporta, the social impact platform in Breca, this Thursday 9 March. WiDS Women in Data Science Lima 2023, In a hybrid and free way for all people, men and women, who want to know and delve deeper into this field.
WiDS Lima 2023 is a standalone event, coinciding with the annual Global Conference for Women in Data Science (WiDS), organized by Stanford University and also taking place in more than 150 locations around the world; And it comes to our country thanks to BREIT, for the fourth year in a row.
The event will include three seminars and will feature the participation of exhibitors from various organizations, and notable women who every day do exceptional work in the field of data science and make a positive impact on our society, facilitating data-driven decision-making and testimony.
The episodes will feature topics such as the importance of data science, trends, and the role of women in solving sector challenges, among others; In order to clarify the current situation and inspire new generations in the search for solutions to economic, social, environmental and/or political problems. In addition, they will be supervised by students from the BREIT Advanced Program in Data Science and Global Skills.
The appointment is this Thursday, March 9th, at 6:30 PM in the GNB Building (San Isidro). To separate a space personally you can sign up at https://www.widslima.org/ Or also access from BREIT social networks at Facebook And linkedin.
6:00 p.m. Registration
Registration of event participants
6:30 PM Hello
Lucia Haro – Director of BREIT, Institute for Advanced Technology
6:40 p.m Panel 1
How do we attract female talent to the fields of data and analytics in organizations?
Organizations’ efforts to attract and increase women’s participation in the field of data and analytics.
- Maricela Castillo, Director of Data and Analytics Talent at BREIN (BRECA)
- Carol Silva, Director of Human Resources Program at Bain & Company
- Lucia Vega, Senior Data Analyst at Belcorp
7:30 pm to 8:10 pm panel 2
How do we generate customer value through data?
The growing importance of data in organizations and ways to create greater value for customers.
- Esther Balbuena, Chief Data Scientist, Tutus Hypermarkets
- Carmen Salhua Moreno, Director of Digital and Business Intelligence at Real Plaza
- Ana Garcia, Director of Decision Science and Analytics at Zip Recruiter
- Jacquelin Flor Baldeón, Data Manager at Valtx
8:20 pm to 9:00 pm plate 3
How do we implement strategies to create business value through data?
Successes and lessons learned from implementing data analytics and ML models to drive business value and innovation.
- Gabriela Constantinescu, Data Scientist Head of Groups Chapter at BCP
- Marlene Parroetta, Senior Lead for Advanced Analytics and Data Management at Antamina
- Patricia Shaman, data scientist specializing in Entel
9:00 p.m. Networking
A space to interact with event attendees