WhatsApp Messenger, with over four billion users worldwide, is one of the leading messaging platforms used to communicate with friends, family and colleagues. Over the years, WhatsApp has incorporated a variety of functions and features, some of which are well-known, while others may go unnoticed until someone discovers them.
One of these lesser-known features is the mysterious “Flag symbol“This has caused confusion among users. In this note, we will unravel the meaning of this icon and when and how to use it.
What is the flag icon on WhatsApp?
The flag icon on WhatsApp has attracted many users because it is not as common or obvious as other features of the app. Unlike earlier rumours, “”Third tick“In Color is blue A flag is an actual feature of WhatsApp if someone has taken a screenshot of your conversation (which is false information). However, its use is very specific and therefore less known.
How to use flag icon on WhatsApp?
- Make sure that Share it Updated to the latest version available on your device.
- Open the app and enter something Chat or conversation.
- Hold a press message or file in the dialog until the item is highlighted or selected.
- Before you can see the flag icon, you need to activate “”.Temporary messages“In a chat. To do this, tap the contact or group name at the top of the conversation.
- Scroll down the screen and look for the “Temporary News” option. Tap this option and select one of the available configurations.
- The flag only applies to messages Send or receive After enabling the “Temporary Messages” function.
- Now, again at the touch of a button Text, Image, Video Or another item in the dialog, you’ll see a flag icon.
- The flag indicates that the message or file is structured as a “temporary message”, which means it is will be deleted automatically After a certain period of time.
Common mistakes in WhatsApp and how to avoid them
Along with discovering lesser-known features like Flag, it’s important to avoid common mistakes when using WhatsApp:
- Talk to strangers: Avoid replying to messages from unknown or unregistered numbers. Do not add unknown contacts as they may pose a risk to your security.
- Use modified versions: Avoid downloading or using modified versions of the app as they may be unsafe and endanger your privacy and security.
- Do not update: While WhatsApp updates take up storage space, it’s important to keep the app updated for new features and security patches.
Setting up automatic download of media files
WhatsApp allows you to configure when Download photos automatically, audio files, videos and documents. To manage your preferences, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and go to “”.Setting up“
- select”Storage and data“
- In this section, you can choose when WhatsApp should automatically download these types of media files: “Never,” “Wi-Fi,” or “Wi-Fi and mobile data.”