What has happened to Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales, in recent months? We know this

(CNN Spanish) — In mid-January, Catherine, Princess of Wales, underwent a reported abdominal operation. Kensington Palace said at the time that the surgery was for non-cancerous conditions. Shortly after, he left the hospital, but since then conspiracy theories about his condition have been on the rise. This Friday, Kate announced in a video that she had been diagnosed with cancer.

This is what happened in the last few months.

The last public appearance of the princess was on December 25, 2023 until her health announcement videos in March.

On January 16, Catherine was admitted to London Clinic Private Hospital for abdominal surgery.

The announcement was filmed at the BBC studios in Windsor on Wednesday.  (Credit: BBC)

The announcement was filmed at the BBC studios in Windsor on Wednesday. (Credit: BBC)

On January 17th, it was announced that King Charles III would be hospitalized for treatment of an enlarged prostate. Later, he underwent surgery for benign enlargement of the prostate. In February, it was revealed that the monarch was suffering from a form of cancer. Buckingham Palace did not say what type of cancer it was, but he is receiving treatment.

This undated photo released by Kensington Palace on March 10, 2024 shows the Princess of Wales with her children. Circled areas show evidence of potential damage. (Kensington Palace)

On January 29, Catherine left hospital and returned to Windsor to recover from stomach surgery, Kensington Palace said. There are no public images of him leaving.

On February 27, it became known that Catherine's husband, Prince William, would not attend her godfather's funeral due to personal circumstances. This further fueled conspiracy theories about the princess's absence.

See also  Netflix miniseries based on true facts 6 episodes perfect for weekend viewing

Over the next few days, the palace faced increasing pressure to share more information about the future queen. Finally, he made the rare decision to counter the rumours, saying he had “clarified the timeline for the Princess' recovery in January” and would only provide meaningful updates. “That guidance remains in effect,” they said.

On March 10, Kensington Palace released the first official photo of Catherine undergoing stomach surgery in January.

The Princess of Wales appears seated outside, surrounded by her three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. Photo by William, Prince of Wales. The film was released on Mother's Day in the United Kingdom.

On March 11, several major news outlets reported that they had removed an image distributed by Kensington Palace showing the Princess of Wales and her children, saying they believed the photo had been manipulated.

On March 11, the Princess of Wales took responsibility and apologized for the edited official photo, which several international news outlets dismissed as concerns that it had been manipulated. Catherine wrote

On 18th March, A new video The Princess of Wales is pictured shopping with Prince William over the weekend.

However, the video doesn't seem to have put to rest the many conspiracy theories surrounding the princess. There are dozens of amateur detectives who dedicate themselves to creating timelines to find answers to various unproven theories about what happened to the princess. They analyze previous images, call them lies and speculate with explanations ranging from the simple to the fanciful.

Instead of allaying rumours, another recent incident is fueling suspicion. This March 19, according to Getty Images, it became known that a new official photo involving the Princess of Wales was digitally manipulated. A photo of Queen Elizabeth with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, taken by Kensington Palace last year of Catherine, has been “digitally enhanced,” and a CNN analysis found signs of alteration in 19 places, the company said.

See also  Today's Horoscope, May 1, 2023, All Zodiac Signs

On March 22, Kate revealed that she had been diagnosed with cancer and was in the “early stages” of treatment.

The announcement, which the princess described as a “huge shock”, was made via video message.

“I had major stomach surgery in London in January and at the time it was considered non-cancerous,” said the 42-year-old princess, who is married to Prince William, heir to the British throne.

“The surgery was successful. However, post-operative tests revealed cancer. So, my medical team recommended preventive chemotherapy, and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.” , said.

Reporting with information from Lauren Said-Moorhouse, Max Foster, AJ Willingham, Mitchell McCluskey, Rob Picheta

Gillian Patton

"Tv aficionado. Lifelong communicator. Travel ninja. Hardcore web buff. Typical music geek."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top