Strong storms and hurricanes in Florida

Storms, hail and even a tornado hit Florida this Thursday. The central region of the state received the brunt of these weather events due to its proximity to a slow-moving frontal system.

Warnings were issued for several districts yesterday due to strong winds and rain, electrical shock and hail. Predictions have come true, with some sites reporting golf ball-sized hail.

However, the situation worsened after three cyclones formed. The National Weather Service in Tallahassee reported the first of these events at 2:55 p.m. southwest of Hosford.

Shortly after, at 3:07 p.m., a second tornado was reported near Lynn Haven. A third tornado touched down in the Apalachicola National Forest in Wakulla County at 4:23 p.m.

Finally, several witnesses saw a body of water forming off the coast of Panama City on the Gulf of Mexico.

Hurricane damage in Florida

Winds associated with storms and hurricanes caused extensive damage in Florida this Thursday. It is reported that trees and electric poles have fallen and other buildings have been damaged. Dozens of houses were partially damaged.

Much of Liberty County was without power after the storms. Meanwhile, damages elsewhere are being assessed. Talquin Electric Cooperative, the region’s main service provider, said the deficiencies would be resolved soon.

Florida has a zone of instability with little movement. Therefore, more storms are expected till Saturday. 60% chance of rain that day. It will drop to 40% by Sunday.

Officials recommend staying in protected areas in the presence of these types of weather events. If necessary, seek shelter immediately.

See also  Joan Pique, Pique's father and Shakira's father-in-law, kicks her out of the house: Montserrat Bernabeu's husband emails the singer to leave the house before April 31 | People | Entertainment

Eden Hayes

"Wannabe gamer. Subtly charming beer buff. General pop culture trailblazer. Incurable thinker. Certified analyst."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top