It’s frustrating when you’re consuming all your mobile device’s internal storage space, as it leads to making drastic decisions, like which apps to uninstall. Many people do not know that one of the main reasons for this problem is WhatsAppsince the messaging application usually consumes a large number of photos, videos, audio recordings and other multimedia files.
As he remembers, WhatsApp stores all the multimedia files that come in and out of your conversations, where? It saves them in the internal folders created by the application when you first register. Although Meta compresses images and videos so they are less heavy, there are some personal or group chats that send dozens of these items every day.
It is very essential to properly manage the amount of storage your WhatsApp account consumes on your smartphone, because by doing so We guarantee optimal performance of your Meta application.
These are the best recommendations to open WhatsApp
- First, from Storage Manager, delete and delete photos, images, videos or documents that you no longer need.
- Delete WhatsApp cache to free up space by deleting temporary files and accumulated data from the app.
- Avoid automatically downloading received items, to do this, go to WhatsApp Settings > Storage & Data > Tap on ‘Download using mobile data’ and ‘Download using Wi-Fi’ > in both, uncheck ‘Photos’, ‘Audio’ and ‘Clips’ Video”, “Documents”. This way you will save space, especially if the content comes from group chats.
- WhatsApp creates backups of your conversations in the cloud and locally. In this sense, a good option is to delete the older ones.
- Archived chats also take up space on your device. In case you need the chats, it is better to remove them from the Archived folder and delete them permanently.
- By following these steps, you can optimize space usage on WhatsApp and keep your device clean and fast.
This is how you can activate temporary messages for WhatsApp channels
- First you have to download The trial version of WhatsApp for Android.
- Now, go to Google Play Store and search for “WhatsApp” > Access the app and scroll down.
- Here you will see the option To become a beta tester. If you can’t find it then click Next connection.
- Accept the terms and you will have to wait a little while until you start downloading the software.
- Open the app > tap the “News” tab and enter the channel you follow.
- The next step is to click on its name > here is the function called “Automatically delete media” also “Channel settings“(Still under development), run it.
- Finally, select how long you want your media files to be automatically deleted after: 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month.
- By default it will be “Never”.
- If you open the channel again The items will be downloaded again (If automatic file downloading is turned on).
Did you find this WhatsApp trick interesting? We tell you that this messaging app is constantly changing and updating, so new shortcuts, codes and tools are always appearing that make your experience of sending or receiving texts, stickers or multimedia content more enjoyable. To continue discovering news You will only need to enter the following link With more WhatsApp notes in Mag, and that’s it. Do not miss it!
Follow us on our social networks: