A number of communities are celebrating Independence Day...before, during and after July 4! Cleveland will continue its Freedom Celebration on Friday, July 5 as the Cleveland Chamber of Commerce has another community fun day planned to help celebrate America’s freedom.
This year’s Freedom Celebration will take place at Arlington Park. The activities include contests, music, a kiddie parade, and fireworks.
The Chamber provided the following schedule for the day. The Chamber encourages use of its Facebook page to stay up-to-date on any changes to the day’s events.
Schedule of Events
July 5, 2019
1 p.m. - Starting of the 3-on-3 Basketball/ Inflatables open
2 p.m. - Turtle Races
3 p.m. - Hot Dog Eating Contest
4 p.m. - Watermelon Eating Contest
5 p.m. - Live Music Begins
6 p.m. - Patriotic Kiddie Parade around Arlington Park
9:30 p.m. or shortly around dark......a small fireworks display
• 3-on-3 Basketball tournament will have a $15 entry fee per team.
• Turtles races have a $1 entry fee
• Hot Dog eating contest has a $5 entry fee
• Watermelon eating contest has a $2 entry fee
• There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for all contests
• Forms for the 3-on-3 basketball will be at the Chamber office. You can pay for all contests at the park.
• There will also be food trucks and a ‘Kiddie Korner’.